Sunday, September 23, 2012

Friends again?

Mr N and I seem to be talking again. I know, I'm rolling my eyes too.

I've missed him. I told him how scared I am. He told me things to make me feel less alone.

He emailed me this:

“I am awfully greedy; I want everything from life. I want to be a woman and to be a man, to have many friends and to have loneliness, to work much and write good books, to travel and enjoy myself, to be selfish and to be unselfish… You see, it is difficult to get all which I want. And then when I do not succeed I get mad with anger.” ― Simone de Beauvoir

"Beauvoir chose to never marry and did not set up a joint household with Sartre. She never had children.This gave her time to earn an advanced academic degree, to join political causes and to travel, write, teach, and to have (both male and female – the latter often shared) lovers." (Wikipedia)

Mr N has given me a torch and a rope to climb out of my misery cave and that will do. Perhaps there is some hope for creatures like me after all.

I think I have my friend back and that is such a lovely feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment