Saturday, April 4, 2009

28th Feb – Melide

At Melide, I did something I never thought I would do. I ate pulpo. Some man was out front of his restaurant cooking it and he started yelling at me to try it. I hate it when people yell at me. So despite hating the very idea of eating purple octopus parts, I popped it in my mouth and found that it was actually very tasty.
When we got to the albergue I met the lovely woman who ran the place – Maria. She was so nice. She made a huge effort to chat to us and through her English and Gill’s Spanish we had a fun conversation. We also met a polish guy who talked non-stop! He was very sweet though, and told us some great stories. He said that he enjoyed traveling with his wife, but she didn’t like hardcore hiking so he went out every so often without her. She preferred 10km strolls. I feel much the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment