Saturday, May 19, 2012

Agony Aunts

I just started watching Agony Aunts on ABC. It's so funny I started to cry.

Mirka Mora and Hannah Gadsby are ridiculous. Love them both. I wish I could have had this series to watch when I was a teen. And then again in 2004, then 2007, then 2008.  Would have been HANDY.

I took a few things from the show. One was that I shouldn't assume that a man knows he's going bald. Apparently sometimes they don't know.  Not sure how to feel about that. How do they not know? Does this happen often?

There was a cute piece on how to react when someone says 'I love you'. The most stand out 'I love you' I've ever had came from Mr N, which does sadden me. Actually, I'll save that little rant for the next post.

Back to Agony Aunts.

Best piece of advice was Hannah Gadsby saying that if you go on a date you should make sure that you both know you're on a date. I can't say I've had that problem, because I never got asked out on dates. Mr G was probably the first to properly take me on a date.  Still, excellent advice.

Also, the funniest quote was "girls, sort out your lady garden, that's gotta be minted up" - Bridget Taylor.  At least, that's what I heard. I didn't want to go back and re-listen in case I was wrong.

Great show.

3 comments:

  1. Mint in my lady garden? I'll get right on that.

    I'm loving Agony Aunts as well! I adored Agony Uncles too, it was super interesting to hear things from the guys point of view. I never realised how nervous guys got when they asked a girl out, although it stands to reason. And it could be a turn off if you kiss your Dad on the lips. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darn it! I missed Agony Uncles. To be honest, I only caught Agony Aunts because of iview. Tell me more! I've never considered that guys would get nervous asking a girl out - I'll stop cursing them for being shy now :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. "if you go on a date you should make sure that you both know you're on a date"

    Yes, well, we all know how that ended. And if you have ever had doubts about guys dating habits look at high school. It's amazing some ever date at all. :)

    ReplyDelete