Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Man appreciation time

Today I told Mr G that we needed to discuss my thesis. Or more accurately, that he needed to understand that it will suck the life out of the next 8 years and that he needs to support and encourage me. In response to this he shouted "WORK HARDER!", then asked if there was anything more he should do. I couldn't think of anything.

My supervisor didn't frighten or upset me during our meeting today, even though I probably deserved a talking to. I think he uses kindness as a tactic, because I'm now going to work so hard that his head will be blown apart by the sheer size of the email attachment he'll get next time.

The wonders of Mr P just don't stop. I spoke about my work at uni today and it wasn't until after that I realised that I'd completely forgotten that I hate talking in front of groups! In fact, I was even looking forward to saying what I'd been working on. At the end of the year I'm going to bribe a few friends to come around so that I can practice my 20 minute thesis speech. I'm a little bit excited by it, which is an interesting feeling. I have to give a talk for my thesis confirmation so I figure that if I practice it a few times I'll nail it.

Mr G has a friend called Mr L. Mr L is a builder and has organised for our house to be re-stumped. He's also flattening out my backyard for me. He has been so generous that sometimes I just don't know how we're going to thank him.

I have a tiny little crush on a very scary man at work. He sent me an email with a smiley face on it and now that I know he's human I'm all shy. I think Frog was a bit disgusted when I told him, because he waved his arms around and ran off. To be honest, it was a better reaction then I was expecting. The scary man is being very helpful - sometimes I think that all a man has to do to win hearts is be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment