Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fantastic things to see and do


I have been thinking about what happens after Spain. A bit premature, but it’s taking my mind off the craziness of what I’m about to do.

So I’ve been thinking that one of the things I most want to do is go to Cappadocia in Turkey and go on a balloon tour. The moment I read about them, I became obsessed. I love the idea of a balloon ride, but to do it in what I consider to be one of the most amazing places on the planet would just blow my mind. I think that’s what I’ll give myself for my 26th birthday.

That got me thinking about the other things I want to do. Cuevas del Drach is on the eastern coast of Majorca, and it is there that I will get to view one of the largest subterranean lakes in the world. Interestingly, classical music concerts are performed daily. I’m not sure how I feel about that, but I’ll reserve my judgement until I’ve been there.

Being a hopeless romantic, I also want to see the tomb of the Lovers of Teruel at the Mausoleum of the Iglesia de San Pedro. The story is painful and pretty and to be honest, who cares if it’s real or not. Certainly not I.

I’m absolutely itching to leave Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment